About Calvin Tucker
Calvin R. Tucker is the Director, Engagement & Advancement at the Republican Party of Pennsylvania.
In this role, his chief responsibility is the recruitment of African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Asian Americans, Millennial’s and Women into the Republican Party of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Tucker is also the Managing Director of Eagles Capital Advisors, LLC a Management and Economic Development Consulting firm as well as the Capital Manager for West Philadelphia Financial Services Institution (WPFSI).
Calvin has published articles and blogs on the topics of small business, small business finance, and education in the minority community which have appeared in the WPFSI monthly newsletter, the Philadelphia Daily News and the Mt. Airy Patch Online Newspaper.
He also co-hosted the monthly radio program, “There’s Money Out There” which aired on WURD 900 AM.
Mr. Tucker graduated from Lincoln University in 1975 with a BA in Business Administration and Finance. He has completed post-graduate work towards his MBA at LaSalle University.
Calvin has 30+ years of experience in the financial services industry working primarily with SMB’s. During this time he served as an Executive and Senior Officer with Advance Bank, United Bank of Philadelphia, GMAC Commercial Mortgage Corporation and has originated over $750M in loan transactions.
Calvin is a former Regional & National Director of the Resolution Trust Corporation.
In addition to Mr. Tucker’s business experience, he has served on numerous boards, such as Presbyterian Children’s Village, West Philadelphia Culture Center-Paul Robeson House, African American Chamber of Commerce, Entrepreneurs Works (formerly Community Capital Works), Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia, White Dog Enterprises , Philadelphia Board of Public Assistance and the University of Pennsylvania Real Estate Society. He is also a former member of the Vesper Club, and a past member of Near Equity Fund of Women’s Opportunity Resource Center.
Calvin has received many awards for his service in the community including…
- Certificate of Appreciation for participation in the Youth Motivation Task Force program at Albany State College
- Appreciation Award for Distinguished Service to the Pennsylvania Association of Real Estate Brokers
- Distinguished Service Award from African American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia & Vicinity
- The City of Philadelphia Citation for Social and Civic contributions
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from U.S. Congress for Outstanding and Invaluable Service to the Community
- Germantown Republican Club – William J. McLaughlin III Memorial Award
- The Ducky Birts Foundation Medallion Award
- Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia Appreciation for Visionary Leadership
- Philadelphia Metropolitan Board of Realtist Certificate of Appreciation.
- Managing Director, Eagles Capital Advisors, LLC (Financial, Management and Economic Development Consulting)
- Capital Manager for West Philadelphia Financial Services Institution (WPFSI)
- Co-Manager, Real Estate Investment Firm- Lincoln Wealth Management, LLC
- Former Domestic Banking Executive (Commercial, Thrift and CDFI),
- Former International and Domestic Mortgage Banking Executive
- Former Federal Government Bank Resolution and Liquidation Director
- Former Co-Host, WURD 900 AM-“There’s Money Out There”